2013年秋より、SISに所属しながら、併設校であるOISが創立以来20年以上実施してきたIBDPの授業を、両校が共有する授業として履修できるようになりました。卒業後の国内外への進路選択が広がります。詳細は以下のPDFファイルをご覧ください。 なお、入試の合否と、IBDPの審査結果を同時に受け取ることを希望される場合は、必ず出願時またはそれ以前に申し込みをしてください。また、できるだけ個別の事情や背景を事前にお聞かせいただきたいと思いますので、SIS IBDPにご関心がおありでしたらどうぞいつでもお気軽に入学広報センターまで電話またはメールでお問い合わせください。
SIS IB DPのパンフレットはここからダウンロードしてください:
The IB curriculum
The learning content, teaching standards and assessment of the IB curriculum is consistent throughout the IB school community, and is designed to meet the high standards set by thousands of universities and colleges around the world. The IB primary years, middle years and diploma programmes “offer curriculum frameworks and courses that are broad and balanced, conceptual and connected” (ibo.org).
The Diploma Programme (DP)
The Diploma Programme (DP) studied in grades 11 and 12 (ages 16 to 18), “aims to develop students who have excellent breadth and depth of knowledge – students who flourish physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically” (ibo.org). OIS has been authorized to deliver the DP since 1991 and in our 24 years of cohorts completing the exams, we have an average score of 33.14, which is well above the worldwide average and a pass rate of 94%. It is in our opinion, the best preparation for success in university studies. The students will develop independence and critically think for themselves which will aid them in their post university careers and prepare them for the global economy. OIS also has support for students coming into the DP from other types of curriculum.
The curriculum is made up of the DP core and six subject groups. The DP core elements which compulsory are as follows:
- A Theory of Knowledge class that provides an opportunity for students to reflect on the nature of knowledge similar to a epistemology course.
- The Extended Essay which is an independent, self-directed piece of research, culminating in a 4,000-word paper that is assessed both in-school and by independent external examiners. This gives the students an experience of university-level research project.
- Creativity, Action and Service (CAS) provides students structured opportunities to develop as a whole person. They will develop creativity through the arts, a healthy lifestyle through physical exertion and volunteer in the community to support the disadvantaged in our society.
OIS offers the following main courses in the six subject groups:
- Language and literature
- English A: Language and Literature
- Japanese A: Language and Literature
- Language acquisition
- English B
- Japanese B
- Japanese ab initio
- Spanish ab initio
- Individuals and societies
- Mathematical Studies
- Mathematics Standard Level
- Mathematics Higher Level
- Visual Arts
We also can tailor a schedule to meet the individual needs of a student, depending on interest, ability, and resources available. In certain cases, OIS will offer Pamoja Education courses, the only IB-approved online course provider. We also have access to German, Mandarin, Korean and French teachers at the Senri International School, depending on their availability and course schedules.
Students must take courses in 5 of the 6 areas and take 3-4 of the courses at a higher level (HL) comprising of 240 teaching hours. The other courses are taken at the standard level (SL) comprising of 150 teaching hours. OIS offers guidance for students and parents in selecting the best course of study to meet the individual needs of the student.
The IB programme worldwide
As of May 2015, there were 5,308 programmes being offered worldwide, across 4,162 schools.
Universities accepting the IB Diploma
As of May 2015, there were over 2,000 different universities in over 90 countries accepting the IB Diploma credential for admission to undergraduate courses, including 1,045 in the US, 93 in Canada, 94 in the UK, 305 in Japan, and 57 in Australia.