Thank you for you interest in teaching at OIS. Position openings for the next academic year are below. The page will be updated as openings become available. We fill positions as soon as we are able and conduct interviews through videoconferencing. We also regularly attending the Search Associates job fairs in Bangkok and London each January.
Applications should be made through the online application form. You should include an attachment comprising:
- a letter of application
- a 1 page statement of philosophy of education
- a resume that includes the names, email addresses and contact telephone numbers of three referees, including most recent supervisors.
Interested teachers are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and we will fill the position as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Please note that OIS is committed to child protection and we may require police clearance checks and document verification of applicants.
Head of School
Osaka International School seeks to appoint a head of school effective August 2019 to lead through the next, exciting phase of the school’s development.
The position: The head will oversee the continued development and implementation of the school’s action plans which aims to see OIS recognized as one of Asia’s leading international schools. The appointee will provide a clear focal point for the school, working closely with the principals, programme coordinators, and faculty; the administration of its partner, the Senri International School; the campus supervisor and the governing foundation’s chancellor. She or he will build and maintain a strong working relationship with parents, students and the wider school community.
Essential post criteria:
- A masters degree in education with an emphasis on administration
- At least five years experience as a school administrator
- Experience as an administrator of an IB school
A more detailed overview of the position, the selection criteria and responsibilities are available here.
Application and timeline:
Please apply through the online application form being sure to address the essential post criteria listed above directly in the “outline of experience” section of the form. Failure to do this may compromise careful consideration of your application. You should include an attachment comprising: a letter of application which addresses the essential, required and desirable criteria addressed in the job description; a one page statement of philosophy of education; and a resume that includes the names, email addresses and contact telephone numbers of three referees, including most recent supervisors.
- Closing date for applications is 31 October 2018
- Short-listed candidates will be contacted by 10 November 2018
- On-campus interviews for invited candidates will be between 12 and 30 November 2018
- Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible. In the event that an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process, the search committee reserves the right to make an appointment before the dates mentioned above and to bring the search to a close.